Thursday, March 12, 2009

Beginner Face Painting Success


Sent in by Mylene Losier

I am very new to the face painting world, but wanted to share a great experience I had starting out. I was recruited to do face painting for a childrens christmas party at my work. Needless to say I had no idea what I was doing, but I like challenges and accepted the position.

I went out and got books, ideas and practiced during the week I had to prepare. Yes! I only had a week to prepare! So here I am on the morning of that day, nervous, but also excited.

The first child I did wanted a dolphin, and I thought “Oh boy, I only studied christmas stuff!” But I smiled and said “Sure sweetheart!” and did the best I could. It wasn’t the prettiest dolphin out there, but she was so happy, it gave me the confidence to keep going. All the kids came to get cheek art or their face painted, some even came more than once!

At the end of the day, I had enjoyed myself so much, I decided to keep doing face painting.

Mylene Losier, Alberta Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment