Thursday, March 12, 2009

Face Painting Designs Are Not Just For The Talented Artist


A few months ago, we attended a big social event at my son's school. Naturally, there was a face painter there who seemed to be the biggest hit of the party judging from the long line of eager kids waiting. So there we were, in line waiting...and waiting...and waiting for my kids turn, but when it finally arrived, and they got their faces painted with the design they had chosen, I was no longer annoyed as they were just so thrilled with the results. We stayed and watched some of the other kids get their faces painted and they all were equally thrilled with their painted faces.

When we got home, my kids were very upset at the thought of having to wash their beautiful designs off. My daughter insisted that she would only wash her face if I could paint it back on her the next day so she could show her teacher at school. I had to tell her the truth...I have no idea how to create face painting designs like that..I wish I did!!

I started thinking about all the times I'd been to events over the years and how popular the face painting designs always are. They are always at carnivals, state fairs, school events, and various parties we've attended.

I decided to check the internet to see if I could find someone to teach me how to face paint, and I stumbled on to something even better. A downloadable e-book which offered easy step by step information to teach me to make face painting designs that my kids, or any kids would love.

To make a long story short, I got the book, got some supplies the next morning, and by the time my daughter came home from school I had gotten good enough to offer to paint her face with a couple of designs I had practiced. She was more than thrilled--she didn't want to wash them off (the ultimate compliment).

Since then, I practiced in my spare time and became good enough to be the face painter at my own daughter's birthday party last month. And that's not all, last week I volunteered my services at the neighborhood block party and the kids were lined up as soon as they saw me setting up!

No comments:

Post a Comment